2.21.2007

The Skin : Introduction

The skin is the body's largest organ (2m2 for 5 kgs at the adult age!!). It has many important roles such as regulating body temperature, maintaining water and sensing all kind of stimuli.
Thanks to his chemicals, the skin represents a barrier against dangerous substances from entering the body and is the first protection again the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation emitted by the sun.

Plus texture and skin color make us all diferent as individuals : see this photo of twins.


photo taken from http://www.msnbc.msn.com and translated by me.

One was born black, the other one white, of course for a genetic reason, rare though (one in a million case), but in the end although twins are known for their ressemblance, those beautiful babies by their skin appearence look different :-) Interesting case isn't it?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the human body sure is a mysterious thing isn't it ? Lots of physicians around the world and for decades now have been trying to reveal its secrets. Hope humankind will one day recognize how truly beautiful the world is. Well, good luck for keeping your masterpiece alive (i mean doing this blog on your own :) ) and revealing important aspects of humanity and interesting things you experienced and would like to share with us :)

Loubna Aabid said...

Answer to kilo01 :
Thank you for your encouragement note :-) I am glad you like it and I like the way you think too!Effectively I hope everyody could see how beautiful and impressive nature and life in general are ;-)
Let's be optimistic !! I'll keep up the good work ^^

Unknown said...

:) This is truly interesting. I heard the story of these kids but never saw their photo yet :D

Loubna Aabid said...

Ohh I'm so glad you like the pic !
Yeah actually I was quiet impressed myself when I saw it ! So why not sharing right ?!! ;-) LOL